Saturday, May 13, 2006
History
In an effort to soothe the savage beasts in the back seat of the car (I was afraid that strapping them down was insufficient), I put on a Cat Stevens tape. It's a home made tape I made in high school, which if you know how old I am, means it's really old (and perhaps indicates my need for high sound quality and my... ah... conservationist nature). Anyway, as the music played, I heard the tell-tale sound of intermittent static - the result of an overly dusty needle playing over a vinyl record. And it hit me - I had made this tape recording from a Cat Stevens record my mom had bought in the 1970s. I liked that. I didn't mention it to the kids though. It would have involved a long explanation about what vinyl records were, and they were quietly listening to the music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment