Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Loan From God


This came in the mail the other day, addressed to me. Though I don't believe in God, I was prepared to suspend my disbelief if God was going to give me money. I was impressed that God had figured out that I am deep in law school debt and wanted to help me out. And I figured that God's interest rate would be at least as good as the government's, if not better, because God shouldn't be greedy. I did wonder how these people got the direct line to God's finance department. Unfortunately, it wasn't a straightforward low-interest loan, but some complicated prayer process which, I began to suspect, would involve me giving rather than receiving. Alas.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God keeps sending me blessing in my e-mail inbox, usually in reference to these poor Nigerian blokes who have suffered unspeakable familial losses that coincidentally have opened up the opportunity for lucrative business opportunities, which only can succeed with my help and that of the above-mentioned God.

jonathan said...

God, though he/she may not exist, is one mofo (I think it should be "mofu") I would not want to borrow from. I would hate see the thugs he would send to my door should I miss a payment.

Emily said...

I have heard thatGod works in mysterious ways. I had never thought of it as the god mafia...or should I say godafia?